Watermelon Cucumber Juice is the first step towards my end of summer denial. AND IT’S SO GOOD! Besides quenching your thirst, watermelon is a nutrient-rich natural diuretic. It rids of bloating from the high-water content and provides nourishing nutrients like Vitamin A and Vitamin C and B-complex compounds such as thiamin, riboflavin, and pyridoxine as well as cancer-fighting lycopene. Watermelons are known to be super cleansing and alkalizing. They help flush everything out! Cayenne pepper revs up your metabolism and helps burn a few extra calories. The seeds of the fruit offer a wealth of nutrients as well, and should not be overlooked! Because watermelon is so nutrient-rich, it’s a great juice for fasting, cleansing, and weight loss. Watermelon provides a rich resource of electrolytes and is void of cholesterol and nearly absent of fat while offering a modest amount of fiber and protein, and as little as 48 calories per cup!
Watermelon Cucumber Juice Benefits
- Watermelons afford a wealth of beta-carotene, as well as folate, pantothenic acid, the amino acid citrulline, and antioxidants lycopene, cryptoxanthin, lutein, and zeaxanthin.
- They also contain anti-inflammatory phenolic compounds, which include both lycopene and triterpenoid
- They’re plentiful in the minerals potassium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus and copper, with trace amounts of selenium, iron and even calcium.
- It’s Low in Sodium and High in Potassium, so great for kidney cleanse.
- It contains Glutathione which is good for liver cleansing.
- Cucumber is high in Water content, Nutrients & low in calories.
- It’s high in dietary fiber, which means more roughage goes in the body, hence keeps your colon clean – so perfect for Colon Diet.
Watermelon Cucumber Juice Recipe
- 2 Cup Watermelon – peeled, chopped *
- 1 Cup Cucumber – Peeled or unpeeled as per choice
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 6-7 Fresh Mint Leaves (optional)
- 1 Cup Ice
How to Make Watermelon Cucumber Juice:
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and pulse to a smooth consistency.
- Optional – Sieve this mixture into a big bowl in case you want to remove any mint leave/cucumber peel from the detox smoothie.
- Pour in tall glasses and garnish with a slice of lime and mint.
- Serve Enjoy.
Juice can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.