Are you wondering how to boost immunity during COVID 19? As everyone knows a strong immune system could be the perfect solution to tackle COVID 19! so the next question is how to boost immunity naturally. In previous articles, we have mentioned the best foods and juices to boost immunity during COVID 19 pandemics. In this article, we are throwing some light on 7 herbs to boost immunity during COVID 19 pandemic and beyond.
Covid 19 spreads its wings across all major parts of this world. It has already created a huge negative impact on the economy, jobs, and created huge stress, anxiety, and fear among individuals. Till now there is no vaccine or full proof treatment is there. Since vaccine trails are going on so it will take some more time for the vaccine to come.
So boosting immunity is one of the best ways to protect against covid 19 viruses. Immunity cannot be build overnight, but eating a well-balanced diet on a regular basis will definitely help to build a strong immune system in the long run.
There are many natural ways to build immunity by taking fresh fruit juices, eating immunity booster foods, doing yoga and meditation on a regular basis. Apart from that, there are some good herbs and spices that have medicinal properties that help to boost immunity against covid 19.
As per the research conducted by the World health organization (WHO), around 80% of the world’s population uses herbal medicines for basic healthcare particularly across South Asia, Europe, and in some parts of America. According to various studies conducted the majority of these herbs have anti-inflammatory properties along with it boosts the immunity of the body naturally. The best part is it doesn’t have major side effects like various allopathic medicines especially antibiotics. Most of these spices and herbs are relatively safe.
Here is a list of 7 Herbs to boost immunity during covid 19 Pandemic
- Turmeric: Turmeric is of the best spice to treat various health ailments naturally. It contains curcumin-a phytochemical that removes toxins from the body and strengthens the immune system of the body to fight against various viruses and bacteria. The curcumin activates white blood cells in the body that boosts the antibody response.
Drinking lukewarm turmeric milk before bedtime is good to cure a sore throat. So include turmeric in your daily routine diet that helps to boost immunity during covid 19 and beyond.
- Garlic: Consuming garlic is also one of the best ways to boost the immune system of the body. It contains allicin- a plant compound that acts as a germicide. It is a pungent-smelling herb that has antimicrobial, antibiotic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
It also has several antioxidant properties and helps in reducing high blood pressure and stress. It is always good to chop or crush garlic before consuming it. For more benefits consume raw or partially cooked garlic. Increase the amount of garlic in your daily food to boost immunity against covid 19 and beyond.
- Ginger: Ginger is one of the best old age remedies for flu and the common cold. It is highly effective against covid-19 as well to boost immunity. Drinking ginger tea is one of the most popular drink during monsoon season. It helps to ease throat infection also.
It has several anti-inflammatory,anti-viral,anti-bacterial property that keeps the body immune system strong against fever, cough, chills, and congestion. It contains a gingerol-an antioxidant that can boost our immunity and kill viruses. In a nutshell, it protects the body against various respiratory tract infections. As per the studies and symptoms of the covid-19 virus use to attack the respiratory tract first.
So include ginger in your daily routine diet and meals or if possible have it raw. Since it boosts immunity during covid 19 and beyond.
- Cinnamon: It is commonly known as Dalchini.It contains significant amounts of iron, calcium, magnesium, and fiber. It is a great antioxidant and knows as a cardioprotective herb that also keeps blood pressure under control.
It contains essential oils like cinnamyl acetate and cinnamaldehyde that boost immunity. Put cinnamon in your green tea or regular milk tea and also in curries. So have cinnamon on a daily basis in a moderate amount to boost the immune system against covid 19 pandemic.
- Black Pepper: Black pepper has various antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also improves digestion and improves gut health. Most important thing is that its expectorant properties help to break up the mucus and phlegm depositions in the respiratory tract. Thus it provides relief against nasal congestions and sinusitis. It’s good to sprinkle black pepper on salads, eggs, soups, and even a little bit on tea.
So include black pepper in your diet to boost immunity during covid 19 pandemic and beyond
- Giloy: Giloy becomes a very popular herb nowadays due to its exceptional antioxidant properties.Giloy is a traditional ayurvedic herb that is also known as the “ayurvedic root for immortality”.Giloy contains several anti-oxidants that help to detox the body and reducing free radical activity. Giloyis highly rich in anti-microbial properties and in used in several treatments in ayurvedic.
So consume Giloy on the form of tablets or juice to boost immunity during covid 19 and beyond.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is one of the popular ayurvedic herbs that has been used in various treatments. Ashwagandha helps people that deal with stress, anxiety, and insomnia since it calms down the mind. Since sleep and stress, free life plays an important role in boosting immunity.
This herb is good for physical as well as mental health.it keeps the mind and body healthy.It is highly rich in antioxidants that help to boost the immune system during covid 19 and beyond.
Boosting immunity is one of the best ways to strengthen our body to fight against covid 19 virus. Apart from leading a proper lifestyle by doing regular yoga, meditation, and taking proper diet along with fresh fruit juices and nutritious foods. Include the above-mentioned herbs in your daily routine diet to boost immunity during covid 19.
Be healthy, happy, and safe during covid 19 by following proper guidelines like social distancing, wearing masks, avoid unnecessary travelling, etc, and boost immune sytem by taking proper natural diet. These are the only ways to fight against the covid 19 virus.